Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Nintendo Gameboy taught me everything I need to know

Remember the Nintendo Gameboy? Recently I've been blogging about new gadgets and the insane world of things to come, but I thought this post I would reflect back on past gadgets, namely the Nintendo Gameboy. Handheld game consoles have come a long way since the Nintendo Gameboy was released in 1989. Sega Gamegear brought us coloured screens and Sonic the Hedgehog and now handheld game consoles have everything we could ever imagine or expect including the ability to watch movies, access the internet, play games with amazing graphics, save images and more.



Nintendo Gameboy is awesome
I still think that everything I needed to know, I learned from the Nintendo Gameboy.



  • Life is about sharing - When you don't share the Gameboy, no one gets to play.

  • It is OK to lose sometimes - When Mario falls off a cliff and dies, he always gets another chance.
  • Never give up - No matter how many times you fill the screen at Tetris, you can get to the next level with a little bit of perserverence.
  • Good will triumph over evil - Maybe not right away, but if you wait for it, good always wins.
  • Don't forget to stretch - There's nothing more painful then getting a cramp when you're in the last level of the game.
  • No cheating - You cheat, you die. It's that simple.

If handheld game consoles have taught me anything over the years its that people love to play. We create gadgets to help us make work less difficult and fun more... well... fun. Nintendo Gameboy made a child out of all of us and taught us that there is more to life than work.

Have a Nintendo Gameboy memory you want to share? You know I'd love to hear it. Leave it in our comment section below.

-Katie

No comments: